The City has both single space and multi-space pay stations, along with a pay by mobile phone app. The Parking Division is responsible for the installation and maintenance of the 1,625+ metered parking spaces throughout the City. By using meters to set time limits, we increase the number of motorist who can use a single space parking space during the course of a day; that increases parking opportunities for everyone and supports the growth of business in our community. The parking meters are for turnover (short-term) parking, so continuously feeding the meter beyond its original maximum time is prohibited. Vehicles must move to another space after the maximum time has elapsed.
Parking meters are in effect from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Saturday. Sundays and Major Holidays are free. Pre-payment is offered between 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM with the PassportParking® app or at multi space meters. If pre-paying, your time does not begin until 9:00 AM. Meters are designed to accept American, nickels, dimes and quarters. Multi Space Meters also accept credit cards and coins. Receipts from the multi space meters are valid at all metered spaces in the city.
The PassportParking app is available city-wide at all metered spaces
Pay, extend, and manage your parking session with just a few taps. It’s easy! Just park where you see Passport Parking app signs & decals, pay for your parking session from your phone, and be on your way. No more digging for coins. This is how parking should be.
What are the benefits of using Passport Parking?
● No coins, no problem:
○ Pay quickly and securely with your phone.
○ Forget refilling the meter in the rain or braving the cold.
● Stress-free parking:
○ Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
○ Stop worrying about how much time is left on the meter.
● No need to rush:
○ Add time to your parking session directly from your phone.
○ Your plans change, your parking spot shouldn't. Simply extend your parking session via our app.
● Easy expenses:
○ Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session.
○ Expenses made easy, manage your parking history through the mobile app.
How do I pay for parking with Passport Parking?
1. Download the Passport Parking app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
2. Create an account with your mobile phone number or email address.
3. Park anywhere you see Passport Parking app signs & decals.
4. Pay for your parking session from your phone.
5. Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay longer!
Park. Pay. Be On Your Way. ® with the Passport Parking app!
If a meter is broken you still need to move to a working meter, or purchase a receipt from a working multi space meter, or pay with the mobile app. Defective meters can be reported to the Parking Division (874-8498). Vehicle bumper needs to be in line with the meter post.
One dollar and 75 cents ($1.75) per hour
Parking meters are in effect from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Sundays and city holidays are free.
The following is a list of city holidays, when parking meters are not enforced.
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
- Patriots Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Indigenous Peoples' Day (City Holiday) / Columbus Day (Federal Holiday)
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Defective meters can be reported to the Parking Division at 207-874-8498. If meter is broken, you still need to move to a working meter, or purchase a receipt from a working multi space meter, or pay with the mobile app.
Vehicles with disability plates or placards do not have to pay parking meter fees and can stay for twice the posted time per state law.
Motorcyclists still need to pay to park motorcycles at parking meters. Receipts from multi-space meters must be securely displayed on the motorcycle. Detach the perforated stub and take it with you as a receipt in the event the receipt falls off your motorcycle.
Additionally, there are various locations where motorcycles can park for free at motorcycle / moped only designated spots throughout the city. Please click on the following link to view a list of designated motorcycle / moped parking areas in the city.