Madison Walnut Washington Sewer Separation Project
Construction will resume April 15, 2019 on Washington Avenue.
The roadway will be down to one lane during construction hours of 7am to 7pm
The contractor will be rebuilding the street by removing existing pavement, cobbles, and railroad lines. Street will remain gravel until paving which is currently planned the first week in May.
- New 10” – 18” storm drain and 10” – 24” sewer main will be installed within the following streets
- Walnut Street (Washington Avenue to North Street)
- North Street (Walnut Street to Melbourne Street
- Washington Ave ( Walnut Street to Cumberland Avenue)
- Short section of Madison Street at Washington Ave
- In total the project will construct 2,000 linear ft of new storm drain and another 2,000 ft of new sewer main
- Walnut, Washington streets within work area will be reconstructed, new pavement installed
- New underground conduits for future traffic needs at intersection of Walnut – Fox – Washington
- New ADA ramps and crosswalks at North Street and Walnut Street
- New ADA ramps, and crosswalks at Walnut – Fox – Washington
- New ADA ramps, and crosswalks at Marion Street
- New 3,100 feet of 8” & 12” DI water main on Walnut, North, Sheridan and Washington Avenue
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE PROJECT
- Large equipment and machines moving through the area creating vibrations
- Traffic disruptions, backups, moving work-zone, slower traffic - especially on Washington Avenue
- Walnut St will be closed to local traffic only
- Temporary disruptions to driveways, water, sewer lines (contractor must provide notification)
- Temporary water lines will be installed running across yards and connecting to houses
- Dust - contractor required to control dust but it will still get dusty at times
- Professional interactions with contractor (contact one of the people listed below, if this doesn’t happen)
SEQUENCING OF PROJECT
- Start of construction late March - early April 2018
- Project will start by installing water valves and temporary water
- Once water is active (April) contractor will start storm, sewer, and water work on Washington Ave and work through July installing utilities.
- In August the contractor will be reconstructing Washington Ave and doing sidewalk work.
- Work on Walnut and North Street will start end of July.
- During August and September the contractor will install storm, sewer and water on Walnut and North St.
- Roadway reconstruction will occur on Walnut and North in October and November.
- Base Paving will occur throughout project as work is complete
- Project will be substantially complete by end of November.
- Final Paving and Misc. restoration to occur in the spring of 2019
WHO TO CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS/ISSUES
- Construction manager for D&C Construction: Rene Perron at (207) 247-6023
- City Inspector onsite daily: Rick Day of Sebago Technics
- Project Engineer, Portland Department of Public Works: Nathaniel Smith at (207) 874-8818, firstname.lastname@example.org